Welcome to the 2018 High Cascades 100 Endurance Mountain Bike Race in Bend, Oregon (HC 100) 7/21/18.
On this Site you will find info about the High Cascades 100 (HC 100) for you and your friends to participate in. With a finisher rate of 85% we hope you can be on the starting line on 7/21/18 in Bend Oregon.
Click the tabs to find out more info
Please remember to reserve a room asap at our great host accommodations 2 Minutes from the start and finish!
PLEASE TAKE WARNING THAT YOU MUST BE IN GREAT PHYSICAL AND MENTAL SHAPE TO FINISH THIS EVENT. SERIOUS RISK TO THOSE WHO ENTER CAN OCCUR INCLUDING DEATH, PLEASE ENTER KNOWING YOUR LIMITS AND THE RISK. THIS EVENT IS COMPLETELY WITHIN YOUR REACH IF YOU CAN AVERAGE 7.5 MPH OVER 100 MILES OF TERRAIN INCLUDING, LAVA, SOFT CORNERS, FAST SWEET SINGLETRACK AND AMAZING VIEWS. ONCE ENTERED NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED BEYOND THE DEADLINE LISTED ON THE LEARN MORE PAGE. IN THE CASE OF A NATURAL DISASTER WE WOULD POSTPONE THE EVENT UNTIL A LATER DATE WITHIN 8 WEEKS AND RUN THE EVENT AS A 100K CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT OF DAYLIGHT.
AVERAGE FINISHER RATE IS 85%
Want to see the course preview from a few years back? Trails change each year, but Dirtwire.tv does an amazing job representing the High Cascades 100. They are unable to attend in 2017 but will be back for 2018!
High Cascades 100 is part of the NUE – National Ultra Endurance Series
- Great Course and Aid Support (Race starts at 5:30 from the Athletic Club of Bend)
- Beautiful Bend Oregon (bring the whole family)
- Multiple aid stations with mechanical support and lube from Sagebrush Cycles of Bend and Nascar Support (We are fast!) and amazing medical and communication support from ARES and Adventure Medics of Bend.
- Stay at MT Bachelor Village in Bend with special rates while they last and save time and energy as you roll to the start line
- Singletrack/75 Miles of it!
- Custom T-shirt and Socks and Custom Pint Glass from your friends at Deschutes Brewery
- Special Racing for COTA entry to support this great local mountain bike trail group
- Finisher Growler for your favorite Beer (Deschutes Brewery!)
- NUE Series, so only the best competition!
- Cash purse minimum $3000.00 equal purse top 3 for men and women. 5 deep payout for the men, 4 for the women
- State Competition between all western states with special Swag for top 4 men and 1 women combined times and award! Oregon takes down Idaho in 2016 again!
The High Cascades 100 is being staged from town, in Bend from the Athletic Club of Bend. The maps shows all the places for packet pickup, race meeting, and start/finish.
Single loop from Bend, Oregon
Please yield to all equestrian use while on the Metolius Windigo Section anytime that we route the course on this section before or during the event. For that matter we do our best to let all recreational users know about the event and please yield when possible. Please watch all intersections on forest roads during the event or when coming to the event on your bike when it is just getting light.
Horses are large animals and need to know you are human. The equestrian groups know about the event, but you need to be aware while on this section and other sections that other mountain bikers and or trail runners, hikers could be present. Stay safe and please know some remote areas of the loop will not be clear until 7-10 days prior to the event.
Total Elevation Gain 10K
…this race was amazing. first, i never thought i could do it…..and doing it was so much easier than i imagined only because of your staff and volunteers. when i could not think, your volunteers thought for me. when i could not eat, your volunteers helped to guide food to my mouth! also, the course was so well marked, which was fantastic for me…..i am so directional challenged. kudos. i’ll be back next year (NOT something i said to myself at mile 35 in the midst of a bonk), for sure, if only to better my time.
Thanks for putting on a great race. At no point did I feel lost or questioning what direction to go. Aid stations were perfect. Best race I have ever done.
Thank you! It was my first 100 mile race and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the support and the course. It was definitely challenging, but fun, too. Days before the race, I was thinking that I may not make it, but the spacing of the aid stations was perfect and very motivating to keep pushing forward. I know that you have no control over the race registrations, but I couldn’t have asked for a better crowd of racers. Everyone is so supportive of each other. The swag items are awesome, too. Thanks for having women specific t-shirts. I’ll actually wear this one!